About the board
Our board of directors is made up entirely of volunteers from throughout the greater Carlisle area. Some represent businesses while others serve as community volunteers. We typically meet on the first Monday of each month to plan out each Summerfair event and also work with local businesses for financial support. Our goal is to offer free, family-friendly events around the 4th of July holiday for the Carlisle area. We want our region’s families to be able to relax and enjoy activities close to home. With the generous support of many of our great sponsors, we are able to put on over 35 events each year over about a week-long period of time that include things like baby races, dog shows, a kid’s carnival, mini-golf tournament, Cheap Sneakers and Harrisburg Symphony concerts, open swimming pool nights, fishing derby, musical, and may other events. There truly is something for everyone.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart." - Elizabeth Andrew.
We're always looking for volunteers. Please let us know if you have the heart.
2017 Summerfair Board
Salzmann Hughes, PC
- John Allen - Zeigler Brothers
- Lori Aux - Verizon
- Mike Black - Carlisle Area School District
- Debbie Bubb - Community Volunteer
- Brad Cashman - Community Volunteer
- Peter Collins - Coldwell Banker
- Nicole Dreary - Leadership Cumberland
- Kim Kamowski - The Sentinel
- Heather Mowers - Hershey Harrisburg Regional Visitors Bureau
- Kelsey Najdek - Borough of Carlisle/Carlisle Parks & Recreation
- Tara Salisbury - Community Volunteer
- Dottie Warner - Dickinson College
- Russ Yinger - South Middleton Township